Just watched the latest Jesse Enkamp video. This time, a very interesting conversation with Hanshi Patrick McCarthy.
- Worldwide rise of functional (practical) Karate and its main drivers (internet and MMA).
- Historical development of Karate in Japan, particularly how and why Karate lost its practicality.
- Correct learning and training process (very similar to Iain's 4 step training process).
- Bonus content:
* Cool historical photos, including what looks like the last move in Seienchin performed by a group of practitioners.
* Interesting bunkai for the beginning of Bassai Dai (an augmented guillotine choke with leg trapping).
* Another interesting bunkai for (what seems to me as) the triple nukite part in Gojushiho.
I'd like to hear your thoughts, particularly about the bunkai shown. I really liked the Bassai Dai one.