Iain may be teaching in Kansas City, Missouri, USA!
As I mentioned in the last newsletter, on the 7th, 8th and 9th of October I may be teaching in Kansas City, Missouri metro area, specifically at Blue River Community College in Independence, Missouri! I enjoyed my time in the USA last year and am keen to get back over and spend a little more time swapping ideas and shooting the breeze with all the friends I’ve made via the newsletters and the website. We’re looking at the feasibility of a three day event to cover the following:
- The Historical Development and Background of Kata
- The 4 Stage Approach to Kata
- The Language of Kata
- How to Analyse the Movements of Kata
- The Nature of Live Conflict
- How to Create Effective Bunkai Drills
- Karate Grappling (including throws, locks, chokes, strangles and groundwork).
- Bunkai-Based Flow Drills
- Kata-Based-Sparring (live bunkai drills and how to make them appropriate for all levels)
- Kata Applications including The Pinan / Heian Series, Tekki / Naihanchi, Kushanku / Kanku-Dai, Passai / Bassai-Dai
If this is something you may be interested in, please email Eric Parsons via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be sure to let you know what is happening as things progress. Thanks to all those who have already done so!