Applied Karate Volume 1 includes detailed instruction on..
- Close-range punching
- Power generation
- The practical reason for the hands coming to the hip
- The frequently misunderstood and ignored lessons of kata
- The role of a ‘guard’ (where should the hands be held?)
- Bringing underused karate punching techniques back onto the syllabus
- The use of open-hand strikes
- The use of impact equipment
- Combination punching
- Controlling the opponent’s limbs to create openings
- Freeing your limbs from an opponent’s grip
- Punching drills and more!