This is the 2nd in a series of downloads recording the practical karate & kata application seminars of Iain Abernethy.
At this very popular seminar Iain gave detailed instruction on the following topics:
- The real life limitations of blocking, what to do if you’re getting hit
- How to use ‘knife-hand block’ to open an opponent up for strikes
- The application of the ‘pulling hand’
- Using ‘rising block’ as a strike
- Counter and takedown
- Basic seizing and clinching skills
- How to apply ‘x-block’ from a clinch in order to choke out an opponent
- ‘X-block’ as a takedown and wristlock
- The opening move of Naihanchi / Tekki as a highly-effective neck crank, and many more eye-opening applications!
This Double Download Set also provides full instruction on a limb-control drill hidden within Pinan Nidan / Heian Shodan and concludes with one of Iain’s infamous ‘will-drills’.
Note: This download consists of two video files (original DVD was two disks). Upon purchase will receive download links for both video files.